Melbourne, Victoria had a 5.5M Earthquake between Moe and Leongatha tonight, the earth has been moving out there for a while now. The Geoscience website listed the earthquake as the strongest in 109 years in Victoria.
Ironically we were watching "Big Bang" theory not long before and one of the daughters came in and said did you feel those vibrations?
Well the earthquake wasn't the half of it: the whacky Aussie sense of humor wasn't far behind - So I bring you the top ten Tweets about the Victorian earthquake.
10) The lame, and over used, (common guys its being going around for over a year) - toppled over garden chair Memed with "we will rebuild"
9) Some helpful people actually supplied a map ;-) However 9th place goes to Coles Supermarkets who tweeted "RT if you were in a Coles Supermarket" - clearly there's a "prices are way down, deeper down" angle going on there somewhere".
8) "We're restaurant staff we were too busy to feel the earthquake" - (but apparently not to busy to tweet about not feeling it)
7) Photo of spilled bottle of red wine on carpet.
6) "The penny just dropped @theage #fairfax #media"
5) "NOT all quiet on the western front @westernbulldogs #footscray"
4) Dog photo Meme "I like the earthquake better when it was an underground movement"
3) Photo of State Library street art in Swanson st -"Entire building swallowed in Melbourne earthquake"
2) "I asked for that Martini STIRRED not shaken"
And wait for it.....yes .....fell on the floor laughing at this one!!!
1) "Millions of dollars of improvement done to Federation Square in Melbourne earthquake"
Follow the madness here: http://trendsmap.com/local/au/melbourne
Sleep well Victoria!