Sunday, April 28, 2013

Aussie Tree Fern - Fractals in motion

Just thought I'd share this with you.

The Aussie Tree Fern is an amazing......thing....is it a tree? I guess so. In the Australian Bush they regularly get burned to a cinder by raging bush fires and then after the next shower, away they go again.

To buy one from a nursery, you have to check that they have an enviro sticker to make sure they are authorized for safe removal from a permitted area. They are amazing, you just bury the stump in the ground, no roots, nothing, then you just pour water over the top of it until it sprouts into life.

It is the most amazing transition to watch the beautiful green leaves shoot out of it, in one of the finest displays of fractals in Nature.

I had a lot of fun taking images every half hour for nearly two days. The hardest part was the focus drifted a little due to the sun light changing from shot to shot, as the camera was on auto focus. In hindsight I guess I should have manually focused the shots. I would love to have kept it going all week - but some of us have jobs ;-)

Enjoy 2 days in 8 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Custom Search